Options

cisco 3640 hassle

the_return_of_the_Ringthe_return_of_the_Ring Member Posts: 119
Need your solution here.

bid 2 3640 routers from 2 auctions on ebay(same seller though), one with DC power supply one with AC. Got them today and found out the DC one with no AC-DC adapter, I actually mis-comprehended the auction description I thought it came with the adapter. Mike's suggestion was to buy one AC-DC adapter, but all my devices are AC-powered, isn't it weired to have one like this?

I got a good deal for these 3640s, each one $132.5 plus shipping. If anyone wanted the DC one, contact me. I tested the 3640-AC working ok. they're from an ebay powerseller, i assume the DC one must be good too. According to the auction, DC one has 64D/8F. It's clean and made in USA instead of China or Mexico.

Anyway, if anyone here is good at handling this, give me more suggestion. I also have another question, below the DC power supply, there's voltage indication that says "-48 -60 v", but I only see "ground" "negative" and "positive" sign by the power plug, how am i suppose to set the voltage if I even got a chance to have an adapter?

thanx!

Comments

• Options
    BubbaJBubbaJ Member Posts: 323
    madonion wrote:
    Anyway, if anyone here is good at handling this, give me more suggestion. I also have another question, below the DC power supply, there's voltage indication that says "-48 -60 v", but I only see "ground" "negative" and "positive" sign by the power plug, how am i suppose to set the voltage if I even got a chance to have an adapter?
    That would be a standard telco power supply. You don't set the voltage. It's like most computer equipment (100-250 volts) - it auto-adjusts. The only problem (or maybe not) is that the power unit will be the standard telco rack width of 23" vs. the 19" for most network equipment. Cisco usually provides both size ears for the routers.