Options

can I become CCIE ?

!30!30 Member Posts: 356
Hello to all !

Curently I'm 18 year's , at 17 I take on the first time my CCNA ( I haven't got only emulator's , and havent't got experience ) but I managed to take 974 :D
Curently I'm MCP to , and like to become MCSA( I konw it's Cisco forum ) , and A+ and NET+ to.
I like at 19 to begin and take CCNP and then to manage my CCIE , I'm from Romania , I'm sure I'll take it , but it's this the corect path?
I don't have so much money , I need a Cisco job , to pay the examan's no?

Have I got any change? Is this good what I am doing ?

I like to become Romania 13-th CCIE , so I like only people who know's what they are saying to advice me , on the best way ;)

Good luck , and I love IT world ;)
Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)

Comments

• Options
    mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
    Anyone can become a CCIE - but it takes it's toll on the normal person. It requires a lot of dedication and determination. The CCIE bunch make personal sacrifices to achieve their goals in a lot of cases. It's hard, but remember, nothing is impossible.
    Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    If you're willing to work, to try, and to be willing to keep trying no matter how hard it is or how many times you fail, you can be a CCIE, an MCSA/MCSE, A+, Net+, and anything else you set your mind to.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    I know that , I have determination and I want to sacrifice for becoming CCIE , but the thing is , I need something to deal with me.

Someone to pay my CCIE lab's and written , my CCIE bunch preparation and the determination is on the way.

Nothing is imposibile, but a thing is for sure , I need experience , I need to work somewhere on Cisco equipmetn's , I need some year's of training , and a lot of work . This is why I ask , I knwo everyone can become CCIE , I'll become one to , not now but later , but don't forget , you need to be managed , to gain experience and to train a lot , then you'll be the imposible CCIE , there are only 12.000+ CCIE : routing and swihing like to become one of them. Once I hear about of CCNA , I become adicted of Cisco . CCIE is my path .

Anyone which can give me some advice's something at all ;) , is welcome , all idea's and opinion's are a tool to win , face the imposible ;) Cisco Expert , ha ?

Wait to hearing from you ;)
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think in this thread -- fastest way to CCIE
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15098
    I said the fastest way would be to work for Cisco Business Partner.

The other certificatons are good and will make you more knowledgable and could open additional doors to jobs...... but now would also be a good time to check out the cisco web site and see if there are any Cisco Business Partners near you....

Ah... here's the part I was thinking of that I remembered typing...
    mikej412 wrote:
    You can still consider the CCIE now -- it could be the ultimate goal of a 2 or 3 or 5 year plan! Or, if you're slightly crazy, you could try a 1 year plan (hint: get a job at a Cisco Business Partner delivering and racking routers, and then work your way up from there.... for the experience and to use their lab).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    I know , maybe me , can you explain me about : Cisco Business Partner
    ,what's that , how can I work form them , whre to get them , maybe a link ?

Sorry , maybe I ask to much , but knowldge is maded asking and learning , espeacialy practicins a lot no ?

Can I work for them at 18 ? I know ,maybe the question is not so good . But if you can give me more information :)

Thank's a lot with all other post's !
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    !30 wrote:
    I know , maybe me , can you explain me about : Cisco Business Partner
    ,what's that , how can I work form them , whre to get them , maybe a link ?

Cisco Partners and resellers have their own page off the the Cisco main web page.
    http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/index.html

There are lots of links just for partners, but the main sections of the page include the Partner locator

.... and the requirements to become a partner.

If you read the partner requirements, you will see that Cisco Business partners are required to have a certain number of certified individuals -- and at a certain level have to spend a bunch of money each year for lab/demo equipment. The "registered partners" could just be someone working out of their house -- so they are at the bottom of a job hunt list.

Using the 2nd link and selecting Romania as the country -- there are a bunch of partners. These are companies that you'd want to send your resume (CV) to if you're serious about Cisco.

Oh -- and you might want to check the employment options at Cisco.
    Select EMEA as the Theatre and then you can Select Romania-Bucharest. Right now they seem to have sales positions and a couple of high level tech positions...... and I have seen a bunch of Cisco CCIEs that were in sales support positions, so don't rule out sneaking in on the sales side.

As for working.... here in the states once you're 18, you might not be able to drink but you are an adult and can join the military, vote, and usually can get a job. icon_lol.gif

The key thing will be to find a computer related job -- the closer to Cisco equipment, the better -- and get some experience (hopefully to include networking) -- and work your way up from there.

<edited that URLs from heck that were messing up the right margin>
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I like to become Romania 13-th CCIE , so I like only people who know's what they are saying to advice me , on the best way
    Maybe you could try and find out who those 13 Romanian CCIEs are and ask them for advice and/or suggestions for companies

Cisco Business Partner Locator:
    icon_arrow.gifhttp://tools.cisco.com/WWChannels/LOCATR/jsp/partner_locator.jsp
    There are 132 in Romania.