Options

iNet+ almost identical to Network+???

timharpurtimharpur Inactive Imported Users Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
After I passed my Network+ exam last week I started testing myself with every iNet+ practice exam I could find. I passed every one with 80% - 95% marks - most of the material was stuff I had studied for Network+, and a little I new from a few years ago when I created a some web pages using Notepad.

Is iNet+ actually that close to the Network+ exam?

Comments

• Options
    nethersdenizennethersdenizen Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Maybe 20% is about the same between the two. Just about all CompTIA tests have some overlap in my experiance. i-net+ has a a lot about HTML and some other markup languages. It has a lot of questions on different scripting languages/scripts such as CGI, JAVAscript, Jscript, and has some on JAVA, bash, C, apache webserver and IIS. A lot of questions about formats of graphics. GIF, JPEG, PNG, vector graphics, bitmaps, shockwave, flash, QT, realplayer, MOV and alike. This test is primarly concerned with your ability to make webpages, host webpages, use internet search engines properly and some general interanet/internet things. It's good that you pass the practice tests but I would invest atleast the 20 or 30 dollars in some sort of exam cram type of a book. I passed the practice tests with ease before I studied but was glad I got a book because there was a lot of stuff that I wasn't sure about. Get a book of some sort and read it over then take the test. This test is fairly basic and easy and only took me 5 days to study for an pass but I have a fair amount of experiance in this area.

It's worth getting a book too because it will teach new things and reinforce old conepts. Even books that don't teach things but just tell you what you need to know to pass help me learn a lot more quickly instead of those bloated slow paced books that teach everything.

Best of luck to you on passing i-net+
  • Options
    timharpurtimharpur Inactive Imported Users Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Close enough - passed (with 844). Now on to Security+.
  • Options
    KDEKDE Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took the I-Net+ Practice exam and scored a 86.7%. I noticed too that some of the material is the same as Net+. I've worked with HTML in notepad and alot of it is pretty simple stuff. I think I may go for it as well, after Net+ though.

Cliff
    knowledge is power!
  • Options
    LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    This was the last test that I've taken (studying for Security+ now) and I felt that after a week of studying I was ready. There is alot of Network+ imformation on the test but more of the internet and search engine questions.

Really the test isn't that hard and you'll learn some cool stuff studying for it.