Options

IPv6 reading

MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
I've been looking through the Cisco certification site and have not come across a cert dealing directly with IPv6, but regardless of that I would like to start getting more serious with my studies seeing as it's coming on strong now days. I was wondering what recommended reading yall would list. I found a couple that look promising, but I would like to hear what some of you have to say, first. Thanks.

The books I referenced can be found here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1587050862/ref=pd_bxgy_img_b/102-1964684-7676920?ie=UTF8

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1928994849/sr=8-1/qid=1154268966/ref=sr_1_1/102-1964684-7676920?ie=UTF8

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hum... I'll have to check out that Syngress book. :D

The Implementing IPv6 book is on the CCIE R&S Reading list... but its kind of small. I've added the Cisco Press book "Deploying IPv6 Networks" to my reading list....
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    So, if you had to pick for a noob (besides BSCI reading) to ipv6 would you pick the Implementing IPv6 book or the Deploying IPv6 Networks book? Thanks for the reply.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    After the BSCI reading -- definitely the Implementing book.

It's got the theory and background, and then the implentation. It is a solid first book for IPv6.

The Deploying book covers some of the stuff from Implementing, then goes into topics you don't even know exist yet! icon_lol.gif Deploying is a good book for after the CCNP/CCIP and probably should be added to the CCIE R&S and SP reading lists sometime soon (assuming IPv6 doesn't go the way of the Metric system in the US).

Ah... the Syngress book is also good -- I have it in my Cisco Networking book section, not my Cisco Certificaiton book section. Would work well with the Implementing book for some more hands on work/examples.

You've chosen well on books! icon_thumright.gif << darn, you snuck in while I putting in the compliment! ... oh well, wanted to add a thumbs up too>>
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Great! Thanks for the help.