Options

I just Had a 50 minute technical phone interview.

OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
I answered most of the questions but forgot the definition of some acronyms. Some easy acronyms that I should have known. icon_twisted.gif Anyway, Now I know that I should memorize all the acronyms my brain will allow.
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thats not that bad..

i had 2 seperate 1 hour interviews .. then had a 1 hour onsite interview.. all within 5 days..with the same company
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Olajuwon wrote:
    I answered most of the questions but forgot the definition of some acronyms. Some easy acronyms that I should have known. icon_twisted.gif Anyway, Now I know that I should memorize all the acronyms my brain will allow.

Phone interview? I would have been in front of a computer with Google up.
  • Options
    The interviewer would have noticed because you would always delay in your response while typing and reading answers on google. He might also hear the key strokes. icon_wink.gif
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    when on phone interview relax .. if you have prior knowledge of the planned call "bone" up on the stuff they use from the job description
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    You should have answered just about anything, most often you will be surprised that those who ask know nothing about what they ask :)
  • Options
    binarysoul wrote:
    You should have answered just about anything, most often you will be surprised that those who ask know nothing about what they ask :)

That's wrong. Be honest if you have no idea about a question. Be careful what you say in your interviews.

I can tell when a guy doesn't know what he's talking about. The guy is the Chief Network Architect for one of the largest school data warehouses in the U.S.A..

I answered about 90% of the questions.
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I agree, don't lie. Interviewers would rather receive an honest 'I am not sure about that' than a made up answer. Someone who doesn't know an acronym may simply have forgotten the meaning, or not exposed to that term, but may know the technology it refers to. If not, the person can be taught. Lying though shows dishonesty and can't be trusted.