Options

Overlap material for this exam?

Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
Just curious to know what if any overlap I can expect to see on this exam from my studying for 70-270.

I know I would have a much better response to this had I taken the 70-210 and asked about overlap but I thought that the 70-270 would bennefit me more than the 70-210 as far as side jobs and my regular job is concerned.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    There is still a good amount of overlap. You'll probably be familiar with most or all of the 70-215 topics already. You'll just have to be extra careful when it comes to the practical parts, i.e. how to configure certain features. But that would also be true if you went for 210, as server-side configuration often includes some additional task/considerations compared to configuring the same feature on clients. You may even find the 215 to be a bit easier than 270, because the 2000 questions' format is slightly less complicated/long than XP/2003. Another advantage of taking the 215 exam is the huge amount of free material available for this exam.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Thanks for the response! :)
    Knowing that there is a little bit of overlap will not make me study any less than I would have initially for this exam... It's just nice to know.
    Seeing as though we use msotly 2000 servers at work (only 1 2k3 server), I think this will be a very helpful exam to study for. The other good news is that we already have a set of MCSE (Syngress) books at the office... My boss bought them a couple years back, I wish I was more determined to go for certifications back then.... Anyway, for this one I already have a book! :)