Options

Potential JOB ?

!30!30 Member Posts: 356
I was wondering that if I'm CCNA,MCP,MCDST,MCSA and MCSE to , have I got a chance ? for a job in the begining of my university . Now I'm 18. Just curios ;)

Is it good to know the product's and be certified at multiple vendor's like CISCO , MICROSOFT , Comptia ? ..

How many CCNA'S, MCP ..etc are there world-wide , how can I get this data's to figure out how many MCSA , CCNA's are world-wide ?:)

Thank's to all , a very good forum !
Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    As of year-end '04, I believe there's just under 1 million MCPs in the world.
    http://www.mcpmag.com has some information reading those numbers.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    Wow , this information's are amazing.

I think that people should know them , to make the best choice , what they want to do in this short life , and where they plan to become expert's.

You know there are like 12500+ CCIE's in the world.Cisco cert's were made available in 1999 ,but Microsoft were made available much later , 2002-2004 . And this informaiton's about this cert's and how many people are certified are amazing : just MCSA-W2003 11,314 ,MCSE just 5500+ . Statistic's are amazing.

Has anyone some information's about how many CCNA's , CCNP's are in the world ? and aproximative salary base on each cert ?
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm pretty sure there are more than 5500 MCSE's in the world.

Microsoft certs have been around since the 90's.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Why not go directly to the source Microsoft

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certified.asp

Numbers as of March 2006

Microsoft Certification Worldwide Achievers
    Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer on Windows 2003 (MCSE) 40,985
    Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator on Windows 2003 (MCSA) 62,155
    Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer on Windows 2000 (MCSE) 275,358
    Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator on Windows 2000 (MCSA) 137,873
    Microsoft Certified Desktop Technician on Windows XP (MCDST) 13,583
    Microsoft Certified Database Administrator on SQL Server 2000 (MCDBA) 138,485
    Microsoft.Net Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) 20,582
    Microsoft Certified Application Developer on Microsoft .NET (MCAD) 45,917
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    Now I was wondering , I want to take MCDST , there are only 13000+ people certified in MCDST in the whole world , I know these cert's were made available in 2004 I guess, is this an important diploma to have , in IT world, to get a better salay , and to get new information's ? I think it is :D
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    !30 wrote:
    Now I was wondering , I want to take MCDST , there are only 13000+ people certified in MCDST in the whole world , I know these cert's were made available in 2004 I guess, is this an important diploma to have , in IT world, to get a better salay , and to get new information's ? I think it is :D

I have a thread talking about that...check it out and perhaps post your opinion.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16341
    Jack of all trades, master of none