Options

Ciso 2514 weirdness

darwinismdarwinism Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've got a 2511 Router here in my lab that starting freezing up today. I left hyperterminal on to see if it printed any messages. The only thing I seen, Abort at 0x325E9BA (PC), didnt give to much info. Nothing on google either. Anyone have any ideas? It seems to lock up about every couple of hours.
If you are living in the Columbus, OH area and studying for the CCNA click the following link.

CCNA looking for study partners in Columbus, OH

Comments

• Options
    More stuff:

Queued messages:Local Timeout (control reg=0x11icon_cool.gif Error, address: 0x8420010 at 0 x10042F4 (PC)
    If you are living in the Columbus, OH area and studying for the CCNA click the following link.

• Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Bad memory? Failing motherboard?

If it's a used router, both of the above are known to happen.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    I figured its something along those lines.

• Options
    BubbaJBubbaJ Member Posts: 323
    You can try to remove and reseat the flash and RAM. Check the contacts and use a rubber eraser on them if they look dirty or corroded.
  • Options
    hectorjhrdzhectorjhrdz Member Posts: 127
    that sounds like a router crash......

the hex value you get is indicating the PROGrAM COUNTER (PC)
    if you remember something about mcu 's that PC indicates the direction of memory where the instruction is located.

so try this

if you can get CLI perform the #Sh region
    command (is its supported!!!!!!)
    and it will show you the map of memory in the router.
    look at the values of IOMEM and then check if the value of the PC fits into the IOMEM range. if yes,you have a problem with your DRAM but if not
    it's an IOS problem.

i hope this was useful