Options

9-20-2003 is D-Day

cgraciacgracia Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm going to do take 70-210 on September 20, 2003. I've been using the Technotes, the CramExams and Syngress-Osboune 70-210 preparation book (which is the size of the Good Book). I have Professional as my personal O/S at home and at the job....is there anything I should focus on the test that will prepare me well? I have been studying the objectives forwards and backwards and I really don't want to fail (I'm very nervous...I know that if I pass this test, I'll do well on the others). I'm really worried about SQL but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it after 215. If anyone can just give me some preps, I'd appreciate it. $125 isn't something I want to waste....but I am finally going to do it...no ifs, ands or buts. Any and all help will be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Just make sure you're armed for the encounter. Don't be afraid, It ain't gonna be D-day. A good way to make sure you're prepared is to take a lot of practice exams. scoring 100% on practice exams is a good indication you're doing fine more or less.

Thoroughly understanding the answer explanations of questions you get wrong or don't feel confident with is also important. Every body makes mistakes. That's great, cuz we get to learn from them.

On the other hand, when you're getting ready for the SQL duel, holloa at me. I'll be more than happy to help you out. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

2lbs.

p.s. ah and yes.... don't forget our exam vouchers icon_lol.gif:D .
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    I agree with the previous post, I just passed 210 in July. I studied very hard and was regularly getting 90% on practice tests and found the actual exam very easy. From memory, main points covered in exam were :

1. Unattended installs.
    2. NTFS permissions eg you are a network admin and want to create home directories for users, who should have access to their folders only etc ec
    3. TCP/IP config of clients. ie know significance of subnet masks/gateways etc
    4. Driver signing
    5. Multiple partitions on pc, with NTFS/FAT32. What o/s can see which.
    6. Copying/moving compressed files within partitions.
    7. Restoriung encrypted files once user who encrypted them left etc etc.

All basic stuff, as long as you study. Let us know how you get on

For info, i passed 215 3weeks after 210. Id say about 25% of the questions in 210 appeared in 215. So not much "extra" studying required.
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • Options
    cgraciacgracia Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Mike,

I had ordered 70-215 from transcender in 2000....and because we (my company) might be buying them, I was reminded I had a single-user license. Tried asking the guy if I can exchange the license for 210 and he was like no.....I was on/off again on certs in part because of where I was in life....but now it looks like I'm here to stay in IT, and I pretty much cut out the BS in life. (sigh....). It's funny because I'm not doing so hot on the practice tests (getting 70%...I'm shooting for 90%). I study what I'm weak on and hopefully can bring that number on. I think part of it is "stage fright" [I can only hope.....]

2LBS, I read your SQL stuff....your "s--t is tight". I will definitely holla at you when I'm done with 70-210 and 70-215.....one question though...should I go straight to SQL after that or should I save it for last in the MCSE track? I know there isn't any good order but I would like a recommended order out of these tests:
    70-210
    70-215 (MCDBA)
    70-216 (MCDBA)
    70-217
    70-220
    70-228 (MCDBA)
    70-229 (MCDBA)

70-210 and 70-215 are what I want to do first just to get them out of the way....as always, thank you kindly. :)
  • Options
    rhinoguy23rhinoguy23 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've always approached MS tests by reminding myself that I was in control of the time and the test. Read the questions thoroughly before answering. If you see the answer, pounce on it. In one way it is D-Day... Attack! icon_wink.gif