proxy server types

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
Team I was going over my Network Plus 2005 Objectives and noticed that on Domain 3.0 Network Implementation that section 3.6 is only asking us to identify purpose, benefits and characteristics of using a proxy service and not asking us to know different types of Proxy servers such as squid proxy servers,Reverse Proxy Servers,ect. Or am I wrong

I see that most Proxy Server questions relate to HTTP,POP3,SSL,and web caching services. So to be clear when my network Plus book is talking about any proxy servers, All proxy servers are software based and not hardware based.
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    mgmguy1 wrote:
    Team I was going over my Network Plus 2005 Objectives and noticed that on Domain 3.0 Network Implementation that section 3.6 is only asking us to identify purpose, benefits and characteristics of using a proxy service and not asking us to know different types of Proxy servers such as squid proxy servers,Reverse Proxy Servers,ect.
    Indeed. If you read and understand the proxy server section from my "Internet Connections" TechNotes, i.e. the basics, I think you should be able to answer any questions related to proxies for the Network+ exam.
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thank you...I thought as much. I am going over Proxy Servers now and I understand what they do and do not do.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino