Options

Going for my CCNA

PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
Hi all,

I have been study for the CCNA on/off for about a year so i want to knuckle down and get it.

I was wondering if this is possible to obtain within 6 weeks.

My plan is to study for 8 hours a day 6 days a week with Triansignal CBT's for the CCNA,
Odoms Intro book
Odoms INCD book
Tod Lamelle 5th edition
The Bryant advantage PDF's

I plan on using online Rack rental as getting my hands dirty with cisco equipment.
Also Boson CCNA simulator.

I have decided not to get real cisco equipment as i am in Australia for a year and not sure if i can take them back home with me when i leave.

I dont have any hands on experience with cisco routers or switches

I plan to alternate between the above as to keep the material fresh and also have a different authors take on a given topic.

Regards

Eamonn
Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University

Comments

• Options
    unwritt3nunwritt3n Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ey, im from Aus too.

Well if u have some study on and off, and ur willing to study for 8 hours a day and stuff. I think within 2 weeks easy. or spend 2 weeks studyin, and the week after going crazy on practice questions and stuff.

I did the net academy for ccna, now for studyin im using sybex, CNAP content and the NetLan which gives me access to many router and switch pods with hosts access via VMware. works great. But i did have about 200 hours expierence of cisco equipment through the net acad
    Studying: 70-290, CCNP 1, CCSP 1
  • Options
    -prophet--prophet- Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you eat, breathe and sleep Cisco for the next 6 weeks, you should be fine! I did a 4 week crash study for my exam after becoming frustrated by the on and off study I had been doing months before. I was completely finished after passing the exam but it was worth it.

From my experience I know it is very important to get your hands dirty (whether by sim or rented gear) with the routing protocols, you will need to do it in the exam so you better become very proficient with it, no book or video is going to cut it. For access-lists and routing protocols think LABS labs labs!

Cheers,
    Prophet
  • Options
    PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Thank you all for your replies and insight.

I will have to get my head down and nail this one.

Regards

Eamonn
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University