Options

Your recommendation please...

taterhawk2380taterhawk2380 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ok, i just wrapped my Net+ last week, now i'm on the Microsoft track and figured Win2k Pro would be a good starting point, my question is what study materials and books would you recommend... there's so many out there and i'd like to see what some of you that have already been here think......

thanks

stephen :D

Comments

• Options
    getronicsgetronics Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am also heading to same path. I also completed my A+ Hardware & Software certification and now doing Windows 2000 Professional.

currently have the Sybex study guide "MCSE Windows 2000 Professional" but after reading the first chapter, most of the review questions were not covered in the book. So, I am looking an additional study material to accompany the Sybex book. I'm considering the Microsoft "Windows 2000 Professional second edition". Any other suggestions? icon_confused.gif:
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It has been awhile since I passed 210. At the time, the 1st edition of the MS Press book was the only book available. Avoid that edition at all costs. I heard the made a lot of improvements in the 2nd edition.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    The 2nd edition MS Self Paced Training Kit book is pretty good. While it doesn't cover everything in as much detail as I'd like, I picked up a copy of the 2k pro resource kit and that covers everything in much more detail than I'd like. But I used the 2nd ed. Self Paced Training kit to prep and the Transcenders. Going to take the exam in about 2 and a half hours, so I'll find out then if the prep was good enough.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    I personally liked the sybex book, but I also accented it with transcenders, the tech notes from this site, the tech notes from cramsession.com, and the free cram master testing engine from examforce.com that was offered for awhile.