Options

unattended install

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
a few questions....

i want to run the install all from 1 CD instead of using a floppy to read the winnt.sif so...
once you have created the answer files and saved it and renamed the unattend.txt to winnt.sif would you simply place the 3 files created by the setup manager (unattend.bat, unattend.udb and winnt.sif) onto the root of the XP pro CD? and then burn this as a whole image? so that when i put the cd in it would startup automatically and do everything?
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You'd have to place the winnt.sif file in your i386 folder and it'll be read just as if you had it on a floppy. You can indeed re-burn a copy of the cd and make it bootable. There's a process to it, however. You can search google for how to make a windows xp bootable cd. There's tons of guides out there.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yeah i get the grasp on how to create a bootable XP disc, but to also make it automated using the answer files i have created would i simply place the 3 files i mentioned previously into the i386 folder? would that work?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking