Options

running out of time to pass 640 - 607???

seth223ukseth223uk Member Posts: 158
hi, does anyone know when is the latest i can take the 640 607 exam as the new 801 has overtaken this one. I have taken once and need to retake but i want to pass before i need to start all over again.

does anyone know when is the latest date i can sit the exam?
Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '

Comments

• Options
    bonam004bonam004 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think it's on the 30th September the last day you can go for it !

Good Luck - This time you'll do it!!

I'm goin for it next week-Hope I'll do well too

icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    thanks alot mate ur a geeza

gud luck for your try, tip make sure you know subnetting inside out cos u get like 10 questions on it and alot on access lists too. Also practce your sims and ull be fine provided you know the theory.

I know subnetting well now just find it difficult to derive answeres fast as i have to use binary to do it not like wendell odoms fast way cos i dont really get it.

the last exam i done i got a question asking me to find which addresses were broadcast ones from like 5 adresses but they gave me no mask so how am i supposed to calculate that. A router will logically AND an ip address with the mask to derive a subnet number then u put 1s in the host part to determine broadcast for that subnet so with mask i dont know how to answer that question. Do you or does anyone else???

icon_confused.gif
    Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    If it doesn't mention a subnet mask, you need to assume the default, which brings it down to knowing your IP classes, not subnetting.

E.g. the broadcast address for 191.168.3.3 is 191.168.255.255, for 192.168.3.3 it's 192.168.3.255. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    dont understand as i thought a broadcast address for a particular subnet or ip address if not subnetting is 1s in the host portion implying that all hosts in that subnet or network receive the broadcast, it looks like what you have said here are subnet masks???

could you please clarify as i am confused icon_wink.gif

thankyou, ur technotes rock, u have the knack to explain complex concepts in easy to understand terminology
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    thankyou, ur technotes rock, u have the knack to explain complex concepts in easy to understand terminology
    Thanks! I try...

icon_redface.gif I shouldn't post before breakfast though... sorry for confusing you, I've corrected the post above.