Options

Which place is a better option for an entry job position?

AlienitoAlienito Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
After A+ I am planning to get the N+, MCP and continue the MCSA certification path, also I have plans to pursuit the CCNA certification.
Anyway, my question is do you think that the best place to apply for a job (when you don't have the experience) is a SOHO (small office - home office), midsize companies or the large corporations?
Which place is a better option for an entry level job position?

Thanks

icon_wink.gif

Comments

• Options
    jrowejrowe Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Given the current job climate, i would say wherever you can get a job is the better option ! :D
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    At present, the process of finding work, or even finding jobs to apply for, is an education in itself--maybe someone should come up with a certificate for that alone!

Employers are looking for people with experience and certs--but mostly experience.

Recently read an article that said a good place to start looking is at not-for-profit organizations and small businesses. Even volunteer work can count for experience as long as you can come up with a good reference from someone in a supervisory position.

Self employment may have been an option, but now, every where you look, you see a new van or truck with the name of a new PC business on the side. These new ones are going to be a one-man-show type of concern until the average get weeded out and the achievers make their mark. Then a tech might find a job with one of them.

Well, those are my observations/opinions. If you like IT, you'll eventually be employed and be able to make a living at it, but patience is going to be the key factor for all of we real sincere techs--experienced or not.

Best of luck as you pursue your goals.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki