Options

Sept. 11th last day for adaptive testing?

gmdeppgmdepp Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have rescheduled my A+ Core for Sept. 11th, was told this is the last day I could take it since I have already paid for it. Some have mentioned that they wanted to get tests out of the way while they still have the adaptive format, but it seems to me that the adaptive format is harder because if you don't know a subject it will continue to throw those types of questions at you. Why would one want to take the adaptive instead of the linear?

I'm wondering if I should sign up for a A+ OS for the same afternoon, or just take the linear later.

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I took Network+, it's in linear format, and I enjoyed the 90 minutes that I had to decide on the answers. Took about 50 or 60 minutes I think. With A+ I took adaptive and it seemed that I was anticipating when I was going to get the last question--that could be a detriment to someone who takes matters more seriously than they should.

If you know your stuff, you shouldn't have a problem with either format.

Best of luck.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    The_Network_EngineerThe_Network_Engineer Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well Adaptive has the obeuous advagation of allowing you to get the test completed in a short time and also its more random. With Linear you can go back to a question u have doubted but with Adaptive you can't. Its up to you man. Honesty I think either is a nice format. I toke my A+ OS and A+ CORE both adaptive and I did fine. Think of it this way the more correct answers u have the less you have to answer the more likey you wont enconunter something you dont know.

Though if you use that metholody then i dont see why to be a tech then so i subjest you buckle down and pick any format.

by the way i did mine both in one day both realited to each other very well in maintaince and repair of a computer so id do it the same day.
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    if you are a poor test-taker, go for the adaptive. otherwise there isn't much difference. if you want it over quick, go adaptive. if you think that your stronger areas may pull up your weaker areas, or you just like longer exams, go linear.

i enjoyed doing the network+ exam. it gave me the chance to think answers over, go back later and change them if i wanted, etc.
    A+ Moderator