Options

exam approach....

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
so what would you guys recommend the best approach to the exam is?

i have nearly finished all of my book but i am going to go over all the objectives in a practical sense.

what is the best way to approach the questions on the exam because there pretty long?

also which areas would anyone suggest going over.i was going to go over RIS, remote assistance, NTFS permissions.

what else would you suggest concentrating on?
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    The topics you mentioned are good ones to know inside and out for this exam... Also, you should know hardware profiles, Share permissions (and what they are like with NTFS permissions) and you should know a bit about Ecrypted files/folders and compressed files/folders.
  • Options
    bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    I have not taken a microsoft test so I do not know what to be ready for....other then what I read in books and see on practice tests.

Personally I am using multiple sources:
    TestOut / CBT Nuggets / ExamCram2 / MS Press / This site

One thing I notice is that one source will just breifly touch a topic and another will go in depth. Makes it had to know what to expect on the real thing.

I have taken tests from other vendors in the past, but MS Practice tests seem very wordy (especially TestOut) - I find that I have to keep a close eye on the clock and try not to let each question take more then 2 minutes...and at the same time read, and re-read each question to make sure I fully understand it.
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    It's pretty rare to run out of time on the MS tests. They are quite fair about that. Well, except for the design tests (297/29icon_cool.gif, where you have testlet scenarios, given a ton of tabbed information, and have to answer 5-9 questions within a certain time, then move on to the next testlet.

MS tests for MCSA/MCSE contain simulations, where you are given an objective and then placed in a virtual server desktop. If your practice exams didn't have sims, you might want to try one that does. I think MeasureUp has sims in some of their practice exams, and may even have a free demo of one or two.

When I first came across a sim for the first time, I though the test had quit, as MS tests tended to hang between questions for as much as 1 or 2 minutes.