Options

Failed it, nuts >.<

TeslTesl Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
It was my own fault really, I knew most of the material well but got taken apart on the simulator questions. I haven't a lot of real world experience with cisco equipment, and that definitely showed on the test.

I actually missed all three simulator questions that came up, I doubt I got many marks at all. I forget my final score, it was in the high 700's though (786 or something). At least I know what to focus on!

Are there any simulators anyone would recommend? My problem really is that I'm moving to Japan (Osaka) in less than a month, and I want my CCNA before I travel out there. I don't really want to have to buy all my equipment out there, due to needing to ship it all back. I was effectively going to put my CCNP/CCSP lab on hold for a year.

I can rebook the exam in early September, but don't feel confident right now due to my overall lack of experience. The first sim was a nightmare, I was sure that I'd solved the problem but it didn't seem to work. Unfortunately, though I know many of the commands my trouble-shooting skills leave a fair bit to be desired right now icon_sad.gif

Any advice? Should I rebook it before leaving or get a better strategy?

Comments

• Options
    DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That sucks about your test, but now that you know what you're lacking you should do much better next time. As far as simulators go, there is a TON of threads on that very subject, so I would search around a bit. You'll find that most people on here don't like the simulators because they're usually crippled in some way.

I've been using Boson for a while & it seems to be pretty good as far as the simulators go. Good Luck!
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    That happened to me too. And I only had one sim and one testlet. I did pretty good considering though, and if you had 3 sims and blew them off, you did well also.

Cisco CCNA prep center will help some, there's some links to demo practice labs there.
    http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/PrepCenter?page=main

All the simulators have weaknesses in one area or another.
    Any equipment you get for yourself though you could also use towards CCNP, since you mentioned you were planning to move towards that in the near future.

Memorize all the CCNA related commands cold. I'd advise being able to configure the logins, router names, and basic interface configs (such as IP) in your sleep.