Options

A+ CORE H/W

ronvronv Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_confused.gif hi all..and what a great site. Some questions:

1. Can you take just the H/W core exam for A+ and take the OS part at a later date? Is there a time limit between each exam?
2. Any comments on the Transcender Software used to study for the exam? I purchased the s/w and was wondering how good it prepares you.
Has anyone used their packages?

i am currently studying for my A+ CORE H/W and have scored about a 600 on the practice exams which is failing! Any slogans anyone has to help remember some of the material is appreciated. tks

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    1. Yes. You can take with a time gap between. At present, don't know of any time limits. Check COMPtia site for that info.

http://comptia.com/

2. Most users on this forum say its probably the best(Transcender).

I've never used Transcender myself. However, my A+ instructor, for whom I have a great deal of respect, always uses Transcender for all his personal certification practice tests.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    TianaTiana Inactive Imported Users Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Try Exam essentials5.5 or 6.0 and Exam drill.....I used both of this and passed my core exam. "Both really helped me"

Good luck!!! Know your stuff :) thats the key..
  • Options
    DaPunnisherDaPunnisher Member Posts: 108
    Any slogans anyone has to help remember some of the material is appreciated. tks

You can find some excellent matching excercises here: http://www.****.com/Aplus/index.htmicon_wink.gif
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i used examdrill for both core and operating systems exams. like transcender, they are broken into subject areas, and can help find objectives you are weaker in.

the one problem i had with examdrill at the time was that, because i was unable to take my operating systems exam for six months after i took my core, i had used a lot of practise sites and examdrill and had seen virtually every question in my exam before.

true, it is good to see the kind of questions you can expect, but i felt i had cheated as i had seen so many of the questions before. hopefully, now that comptia has changed the exam to traditional format that they have also addeed new questions to the question pool.

looking back, i fell that is is very possible for most candidates to take and pass a+ with little or no use of practise tests.
    A+ Moderator