Options

Getting Frusrated

oldtecholdtech Member Posts: 103
Due to sit the Hardware next week.( hi from the uk by the way )
cpu's and scsi I am having trouble with. I understand the subject but don't know what accurate information to memorize. There is no way that I can retain every cpu AMD/INTEL ever made including speeds, level 1, 2 cach,
first gen second gen slots/sockets etc. So I have come to the conclusion
that it's not worth trying. Is there a specific .list of the cpus you will be tested on ? From site to site I see the same chips given different speeds!!
Same with scsi ,I need a list that is accurate which states the bus speeds cable lenghts , termination that Comptia will test you on.
These two topic really P*** me off .
I am using the Myers book/video series
Any help appreciated

Graham (Cambridge)
Try til it hurts then try some more

Comments

• Options
    !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    Man , I do not have experience and knwoledge in this exam , but I want to take it.

I can give you some help , anyway.Don't memorize anything try to learn with fun or something like.You'll forget memorized thing's fast.

Learn better and understand .. if so you'll remember the concept ! Have you a good memory ?

icon_wink.gif
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Options
    I'm fine with IRQ'S, DMA'S,COMM and LTP PORTS, ERROR CODES etc because I know what information I need to memorize but with scsi and cpu I can't find an accurate list.
    Even the collage tutor can't tell me how many cpus to learn.
    Hope not to many questions on these in the exam.

Graham
  • Options
    boyles23boyles23 Member Posts: 130
    I took it last year and the best information I would give you would be to know the around the pentium class and up(competitors included). I would know the bus speeds,cache and multipliers and so on. I studied them hard but on my exam I didn't have much on processors, the hardware is an easy exam I thought compared to the OS. It was a little harder! I was scoring between 90-100 on the practice exams from the Mike Meyers AIO and from mcmcse.com. I didn't know about this site at the time I was getting my A+ but I did use the practice test here for my Net+. Good Luck, any other questions , just send me a message. :D
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    SCSI:
    http://www.techexams.net/technotes/scsi.shtml

CPUs
    http://www.techexams.net/technotes/cpu_sockets.shtml

Easiest way to learn this stuff is to have worked with. Second easiest is just to keep working at memorizing a little more each time.

Review the objectives and be certain you have a solid understanding of the majority of the material.

Then you won't have to concentrate so much on the couple areas you don't know and foregoing all the other areas that may be on your exam.

Otherwise, post-pone the exam a little. A+ has the lowest pass score of all the exams I'm aware of (NET+ is next). People do fail, and while no one wants to fail...it does happen particularly on the higher level exams.

Review the two links above and if you still have questions, please post back.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    wwpranmawwpranma Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 116
    So far I've watched the meyers video's... They seem good enough, they try to get the point across, but the notes here seem worthy as well. I have a basic idea of some of the stuff, but alot of it I'm still kinda EH on. But with these notes and all the exams I'm taking, and this forum, within two months I plan on actually understanding this whole test. Maybe not knowing any awnser, but to a point i'd honestly know enough so that I could really pass it without exception and possibly retain that knowledge later in life.
    Artificial Intelligence is nothing compared to the power of Human Stupidity.
  • Options
    I came across this link which has helped me sort out scsi, its from the scsi standard people.

http://www.scsita.org/aboutscsi/SCSI_Termination_Tutorial.html