Options

BSCI : 642-901 vs 642-801

marlon23marlon23 Member Posts: 164 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am moving forward to CCNP after CCNA. And found my self confused about new exams, concretely about which BSCI to take, old or new one? I want to take BSCI in october. I dont want to be just certified (in that option I'll go for old one with no confusion), I want to invest my money and time wisely.

My dilemma is :
- Old BSCI is renewed for some reason (new stuff and so). There is no problem to get literature, but in fact, all books for CCNP will be soon outdated.
- New BSCI has a nice higher number, and is actual. But I didn't found new books for this one. (I like the thing : Here is the book for BSCI, learn it, train it, and you'll be good. Yes I can use google and cisco docs, but that is the way I like to prepare for exam)

And one little question, is Networking Academy stuff for the new exam? (I mean when I join CCNP1 if I would be able to take new test)

Any advice valuable.
LAB: 7609-S, 7606-S, 10008, 2x 7301, 7204, 7201 + bunch of ISRs & CAT switches

Comments

• Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Why not start studying and see how you go.The new exam will have some extras like, i think i saw mpls, for sure it will have everything from the old exam, you should learn all your igp's, bgp, policy routing etc, just study the old material as it is all important and if you are ready do the exam,if not learn the extra material and do the new exam.If you do the old exam you can still study the new material as the important thing is the knowledge not the cert.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    cisco_troublecisco_trouble Inactive Imported Users Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    BSCI v3.0
    IPv6, BGP, IS-IS,OSPF, EIGRP and MULTICASTING. Thats it.

BSCI v2.2
    All of the above, except no multicasting, and only a bit of IPv6...however it included, ipv4 (subnetting, cidr and etc) as well as a bit of NAT

hope this helps.

I'm still deciding which exam i will be taking, but i decide after i write BCRAN next week.
    "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."