Removable Disk pop up box

jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
When you plug in a digital camera and the removable disk box pops up asking if you want to open folder to view as file, print pictures, copy the pictures and more. How do you get this box to start popping up again? My darn son was playing around and now that box doesn't pop up.
GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE

Comments

• !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    I think this is just Auto-play job dude ..
    You have to ENABLE Autoplay for reapering those , I show u down , how to disable or enable , just in case .

you can simply turn it off using :

You can just disable it from : Local Policy ( LPGO ) , or just a simple trick :
    regedit -> HKEY_CURENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURENT VERSION\POLICES\EXPLORER

Search for the key NODRIVETYPEAUTORUN and set it to decimal 185.Auoiplay is disabled and that pop-up will never appear..

you can do this with a lot more method's but .. I show you 2.

To enable : AUTOPLAY again just do the folowing :

-a method is using LPGO ..
    start -> run -> mmc -> add / remove snap in -> group polycy editor -> ok -> ok

then expand local policy -> user configuration -> administrative templates -> system -> turn off autoplay -> choose disable ( to reapear those you want ).

Good luck dude !
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    He may not have done it intentionally. If you are wondering what he did, normally you lose the box because you rebooted with the camera still attached. It then gets tagged as a permanent part of the system. Clicking on the icon in my computer will open it with default action including displaying pictures. Rebooting after doing the safe to remove hardware icon function will normally restore the popup.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO