Options

Passed 70-215 yesterday!

Stone ColdStone Cold Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Sat this yesterday afternoon and breezed through it in just over 1 hour! :D

Studied pretty hard for this as i found 210 more difficult than i had imagined it to be going in, and that extra study paid off as i felt totally in control of this one from start to finish!!

Not sure now whether to do 218 next or just go straight for the BEAST icon_twisted.gif
and thats the bottom line cos Stone Cold said so!

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    curiocurio Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done for 215, I think you find the exams get a little easier because the knowledge builds on topics from other MS exams, AD, GPOs etc..

Good luck on 216/8.
  • Options
    Old BrainOld Brain Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation !! :):):D

Old Brain : :P
  • Options
    Thanks! :D

Studying as we speak for 218. Hope to take it a week on Monday!!

If i pass that then i will look to tackle "The Beast" two weeks later icon_eek.gif

If it all goes to plan i could be MCSA before i set off on my Hols in 4 weeks time icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Congrats :D

Good luck with 218...
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    Would you say Server is harder?
    I'm starting to study for 215, I have 3 Pc's for my home lab. How long did you study for? I did 210 in 5 days...

D-boy
  • Options
    D-Boy

I studied basically for 2 weeks for server, i was only however doing 1-2 hours a night during the week and them crammed quite hard over the weekend before sitting on Monday!

I was in the process of sitting a Network Infrastructure Module from 0900-1300 5 days a week, which was both a help and a hinderance as some of the topics we covered in this class helped with some of the server exam questions, but at the same time it was difficult to focus 100% on either one topic as i could not afford to devote my complete focus to either one as it would compromise with the other, if that makes sense!

That module has since finished and i have 7 weeks before my Active Directory module begins so i will take that time to try and pass 218 and then 216 to complete my MCSA, i have 4 weeks to do it in as i am off on Holiday then and pretty much as soon as i return from that i will be starting Active Directory!

So, in answer to your question(s) the amount of time you need to study will obviously depend on the hours you put in and your knowledge at present! I mean if i had not the distraction of the classes everyday i am sure 5-7 days would have been plenty!!

and i would say NO server is NOT harder than Professional and that i found Server easy! I found Proffesional a fair bit harder! Of course part of the reason for that is that i had sat pro in June and Server in September so had nearly 3 months in between where i was learning more everyday and then had the stuff i was learning in the Infrastructure Module as well!

With that said i still think Server is Easier than Proffesional and i felt like i breezed through and although will never know think i scored very highly!
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    Stone Cold Thanks for the advice, I think I will give myself at least 2 weeks to understand the concepts.