Options

Disk Management is a favorite test area of MS on this exam

PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
Here are a couple of links to help you understand how to use the utilities MS wants you to know about:

icon_arrow.gifHow To: Disk Management

icon_arrow.gifHow To: Mirror the System and Boot Partitions
Pavlov
A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K

Comments

• Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Doesnt stand to reason that when mirroring a boot partition, that you may end up mirroring a bad one? Typically, in the real world and not the microsoft certification world an admin would blow the system partition away and rebuild it if the need be.

Secondly in the real world a raid 0 is a huge waste of space. It offers redundant redundancy,......at the cost of space, not to mention its contents will be the same as the tape backup "redundant redundancy." it would seem a stripe over 4 with a 4 gig system partition would be much more cost effecient.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ahhh true enough ... BUT this is a Microsoft exam. When in doubt choose the answer that either ...
    a. Uses the most features from the system.
    b. Makes Bill Gates smile.
    c. Costs the most.
    d. Uses 10 more steps than any other way.
    e. All of the above.

icon_lol.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    RussS wrote:
    b. Makes Bill Gates smile.
    c. Costs the most.

so you think that i will need to upgrade my lab from p1 machines to something with better spec for when i decide to move on to my micro$oft exams?
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would think so - personally I hate running W2000 on anything less than a 500mhz processor no matter what the minumum spec is. I think 133 with 64 from memory, but with anything less than 500 and 128 I find all the counters maxing out continually.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007