Options

phone interview

gregeegregee Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
With a phone interview do you send a thank you letter? I had a phone interview for an operations technician job and the manager said he would give me a call in a week or 2 weeks for a face to face interview.

thanks
Greg

Comments

• Options
    david_rdavid_r Member Posts: 112
    Depends on whether or not you want the job.
  • Options
    I will send out an email tomorrow.

thanks
    Greg
  • Options
    OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    No, I don't. They don't expect you to.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Not for a phone interview.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    this is what i sent out to the manager.

Thank you for taking the time to discuss the Operations Technician position at ***** with me on Wednesday September 6, 2006.

I look forward to hearing from you. Again, thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
    my name

i don't think it will hurt anything.

thanks
    Greg
  • Options
    Badger95Badger95 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good on you, I think you should. I think it is good to send a follow up note or thank you.
    Badger
    _________
    Velle est posse, tempus fugit, vivere disce, Cogita Mori
  • Options
    david_rdavid_r Member Posts: 112
    Greg,
    Good luck on the job.

The whole purpose of a thank-you letter is to differentiate yourself from other candidates. It can never hurt so I don't see why someone wouldn't send one. It's also a tool to ping the manager's memory. If he's an operations manager, he is so overloaded with day-to-day crap that a better candidate could be passed over for the most recent candidate. icon_sad.gif The letter keeps you fresh in his mind.