anti-virus tier rating system?

RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anyone heard of this? I was told today that a product we were looking into (BitDefender) was a Tier 3 solution whereas Trend Micro (product this company sells) is a Tier 1. Can anyone confirm this?? From all of the research I've been able to gather, BitDefender is the best there is right now. My question is not pertaining to BitDefender or it's ability but I want to know if there is an actual rating system out there or if this guy was just trying to make a sell?

Comments

• TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have a subscription to PC World magazine and remember reading good things about BitDefender. Here is the section on their website:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/124475-1/article.html

On the tier system, I have no idea.
  • blackzoneblackzone Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's best to read forums on review rather than those found in magazines.

I know from experience, there is sometimes money trade between manufacturer and review writers.

Most of the review I found in forums suggested Bitdefender is the best on finding virus.

I personally used MacFee, and reinstall window every 30 day so I don't need to pay for it.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    We like Trend's product and left McAfee several years ago. Symantec is a no way.

These were used/tested in a corporate environement not a home enviroment.

As far as something like AVG... I know someone using it for his corporate clients.

Goes to your preference and how easy it is for you to monitor and keep you clients happy.

Test it out! Probably the best way to see what works for you.

But I haven't heard of a Tier ranking either.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I have BitDefender Liquid Antivirus. I haven't been able to test its effectiveness, but I haven't been sick. I suppose only a microscope, swab and petre dish would be able to tell for sure.

In case you haven't figured it out, Liquid AntiVirus is a hand sanitizer icon_wink.gif
    They were giving it out at work when they were promoting their security solutions. I thought that was clever.
    Tag line on the spray bottle: 'Now that your hands are virus free, what about your computer?' Maybe I should spray it on my keyboard and mouse? :P