Think I'm gonna bite the bullet and install it on my main PC icon_eek.gif
Up Next : Not sure :o

Comments

• Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    sToNeDcNuT wrote:
    http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/rc1/en/download.htm

Lol. Be safe and throw it on VMware first man.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    keatron wrote:
    sToNeDcNuT wrote:
    http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/rc1/en/download.htm

Maybe a separate drive even so you can go back to something that works after you get fed up with it ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've been using Pre-RC1 for about three weeks now (TechNet Subscription) and they've made drastic improvements in the overall quality of Vista. If you have an extra machine I think it's definitely worthy of a full install. So far so good. My only complaint is there is still no anti-virus other than Microsoft and Trend Micro that will work with it. Hopefully other companies will get some programs out there to work with it.
  • Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391

Had an earlier build running in Virtual Server for a few months and also on a spare machine at work. It was working quite nicely on the machine at work and there has been some nice little improvements.

Well I installed RC1 yesterday on my PC and it's running very nicely. Had a few prbs installing Virtual Server and getting it to work but found this blog

http://geekswithblogs.net/mhamilton/archive/2006/08/04/87101.aspx

which got it going for me. So far so good :)
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    I downloaded Windows Vista RC1 to and say , let's try it.

I have an extra PC with 256 per RAM.

WOW .. Windows Vista require 512 RAM , when I wanted to install , has 2,6 GIGA the instalation kit , it have to be a good ting.I'll take 512 RAM from another PC .. let's SEE ..
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Options
    TecShdwTecShdw Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've been in the beta program for Vista for a few years now (yes, a few years) and I've always just thrown it on a seperate partition without an issue. RC1 isn't too shabby, especially compaired to 6 months or so the builds that I tested. I personally think it still has a bit of a way to go, but hopefully Microsoft will throw an RC2 out there. I must say, they've stepped up the bug correction process in the past few months or so.
    PC Technician Certified - MCSA Server 2003, MCTS-Vista
    My Site - My Forum
  • Options
    By the way , I installed Windows Vista RC1 , from that link , it's free ?

icon_eek.gif
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Options
    !30 wrote:
    By the way , I installed Windows Vista RC1 , from that link , it's free ?

icon_eek.gif

It's still in BETA, so yes it is 'free'
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can I assume it also requires an installation key?
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Pass over it man , check that you'll activate it online.

I saw now , that this Vista leaves you 15 day's for seeing about it.

I think it's nice :

*Speech recogntion -> nice thing ..
    icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    dubbs112dubbs112 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    just for clarification

the download site from the link vista is only good for 15days and you have to activate it online?
  • Options
    ITdude wrote:
    Can I assume it also requires an installation key?

Yep

It Does :)
    Plantwiz
    _____