Passed the I-Net+ exam after putting it off for months

johnnyg5646johnnyg5646 Member Posts: 173
I FINALLY took the I-Net+ exam yesterday. I got a 700 :D

I didn't think the exam was quite as easy as everyone makes it out to be. There were a few questions that really had me scratching my head.

You should know DNS stuff. There were a few questions about that. There were a few questions that started with, "what should be the first thing to do if...."

Not one single multipul answer question.

One thing that sucked about taking this test was the computer I took the test on. Every time I clicked the button to advance to the next question it would take at least 20 to 30 seconds to load the next answer. This left me sitting there scratching my head and waiting for the next question to load. If this had been the Security+ exam, this would have made things very difficult because the clock did tick during this time. Anyone else have any similar occurences during certification exams?

I think I'm going to go on to Project+ before finally biting the bullet and trying to get Security+
BS - Computer Science
MS - Computer Information Systems

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • furbyfurby Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats.

What type of questions did you have on the test?

And what did you mean with not one single multiple choice answer.

Because according to the comptia website it is a conventional format test.

And all the practice tests from measureup and ucertify are also multiple choice questions.

Thanks in advance.
  • johnnyg5646johnnyg5646 Member Posts: 173
    What type of questions did you have on the test?
    I had at least two questions about DNS, one about meta tags, about 3 questions regarding business practices, i had a question about how to search for something in a search engine (how to include certain things and disclude others), another question asking about the definition of a DMZ zone..... I can't remember too many others.

Hope that helps

And what did you mean with not one single multiple choice answer.

I meant multipul answer. For example, "chose the two best ways to solve the problem of...."
    There were no questions like these on I-net+. I remember there were at least a few on the A+ and Network+. icon_wink.gif
    BS - Computer Science

I checked for an exam company here but the exam is expensive here in the netherlands 295 euros thats 353,03 dollars instead of 218 dollars in the United States.
    Im going to check for an international voucher
  • johnnyg5646johnnyg5646 Member Posts: 173
    This might help out anyone looking for cheap vouchers. I get mine through a local community college that has a testing center on site. They sell the vouchers there. I got mine for $159, which isn't too bad.

So, I would look for community colleges with testing centers or who offer certification training icon_wink.gif
    BS - Computer Science