Options

Company advertising Tech Support for over a year and a half

Hi all,

Was just wondering people's taughts on a company that is actively looking for Technical Support staff for over a year and a half.

Would you apply to that company or would you stay clear?

Any taughts would be great

Regards

Eamonn
Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University

Comments

• Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Depends what the job is i guess.

Maybe they havent removed their advert or they havent found the 'right' person yet.

But yes i see your hesitation as it may reflect a high turnover of staff.

Would look carefully what the job is and pay etc first and if its not that great then i would definetly give it a miss.

Couldnt say one way or another from the details you have given but i would be careful.

You could ask them at an interview, guess it couldnt hurt?......
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    rockstar81rockstar81 Member Posts: 151
    is it the company directly that is advertising the job or an agency? I find a lot of agency's put up a standard fake ad just to get people to apply so they can add your cv to there database.
  • Options
    PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Thanks for your replies much appreciated.
    is it the company directly that is advertising the job or an agency? I find a lot of agency's put up a standard fake ad just to get people to apply so they can add your cv to there database

Rockstar81, the company is directly advertising the position and has updated the post only a few days ago.

Sie,as above the company only updated the position a few days ago so it is not an old post that they didn't take down.

The money is around €19300 a year which is good i think if you are starting out in IT and it is Tech support role with an ISP.

Regards

Eamonn
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    IMO sounds like helpdesk so i expect its a high turnover of staff.

(unless company is new and growing)
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools