Options

Passed BSCI today!

redicadredicad Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
:D

well 3rd time lucky! got 835 so still pretty close to the mark but a pass is a pass!!

thought i would post sort of questions i had whilst i remember..

IPv4 - IPv6 methods , NAT+Tunnel+Dual Stack
IPv6 IP addresses that were valid, watch out for ::: and :: used twice
Default Rip send/rec and how to force v1 only out an interface
EIGRP and ISIS simulation - both running on router and had to redistribute both into each other so know default-metric/redistribute commands and default ISIS type ie L2 and external.

EIGRP senario with a show ip eigrp route output with lots of FS/FS for networks and interfaces - i had to know which had valid FS, which networks were directly connected etc etc..i found this awkward as you have to keep going to and from screens to get info..

OSPF simulation - telnet to 2 routers, configure for AREA 1, ensure it could only receive default and no InterArea, so i took this as Stub No-Summary..had to be careful correct wildmask used for interfaces

BPG drag and drop for Route selection preference

BGP multichoice for preferred route if MED was changed on one router and all other were default config this was pretty tricky as the MED was configured as higher than default so wouldnt of been preferred..

2 EIGRP routers connected with 1 redistributing an OSPF area..based on the config of router 1 i had to work out how many routes the second EIGRP would have in its table

an IP route table given, with D EX, static null, and others..had to answer correct statements about how the router would get to certain routes..

2 or 3 route map questions..based on multiple entries i had to follow the logic and determine which statements were correct for certain routes or source IPs..

what can stop EIGRP from forming adjacencies..

differences between ISIS and OSPF from statements..

BGP statements about IBGP, whether need to be full mesh, directly connected, not directly connected..

based on BGP diagram whether relationship was IBGP or EBGP

BGP question about A <> B <> C , what command needed and on what router to allow C to know about A, i knew the answer was NEXT-HOP-SELF but i chose router C and NOT B..and knew straight away i got it wrong doh!

anyway..good luck with anyone taking this..to be honest i hated it..its not a practical exam for me as we dont use OSPF,ISIS or BGP!

To pass i used BOSON and Trancender exams..and the Cisco Press self-study guides..and lots of RFCs which contain extra information..

Comments

• Options
    MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    congrats on the pass :D
  • Options
    RandyCCIE#TBDRandyCCIE#TBD Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats redicad - looks like you passed the exam by brute force! I applaud your determination. I'm getting ready to try to blast through all 4 exams and I'm going to start with BSCI next week. Your summary was like a **** braindump, I loved it but I hope the NDR police spare you from their wrath.

I can't believe you saw an IS-IS simulation