Options

Query Letter Question

crisb20crisb20 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have recently picked up a book titled Computer Science Resumes and Job-Finding Guide. In this book they said when sending an email or letter to a prospective employeer about possible job opportunities, that are not advertised, it is wise to first send a query letter followed by a follow-up phone call a week later, but never send your resume at first because it is easier for them to disqualify you for any potential employment. The logic behind this is to just generate interest. Has anyone had any experience using this method or know if this is a good idea not to send as resume at first?

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i have done this b4.. some hit, some miss
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    I know alot of people who have walked into companies looking for jobs and were sucesfully with in days or hitting the business district.

it sounds like your jsut starting out so don;t beleive the hype of huge paying salaries at entry level, get into a company get some experience and worry about them money later.

I know it's not always easy but too man people are led ot falsely beleive they will make 80k right outta school with a computer science degree... I've never seen it.

getitng experience is the key even if u need to voulenteer(sp?) a bit