Options

Questions about RAID and Buses

VerendumVerendum Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

For A+ cert...

1. Do they test on all 5 RAIDS or just the biggies 0, 1, 5?

2. Do they get in-dpeth on expansion, system, control, FSB, etc.. buses
as far as the difference between them?

Just kind of wanting to get a grasp on how detailed I need to study these.

Thanks
There are 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    All 5???

0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 52, 0+1 - thats a few more than 5. However I do suggest that 0 - 6 would be the ones that would concern you for the NETWORK+ - I do not believe that A+ is concerned at all with RAID. To confirm this I suggest you visit the Comptia site and read the objectives.

Here is a good resource explaining all of them http://www.acnc.com/04_01_00.html
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Wow, I didn't realize there were so many, my book only shows 5. Thanks for the link, it'll very helpful.

Any idea on the details of bus questions for A+?

Thanks
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am not entirely sure about how in-depth they go with the new exam, but on the old exam all you really needed to know was more how bus worked - basically an understanding of what a bus is and things like expansion bus, PCI bus, bus mastering - the concepts more than the figures. Of course the DMA part you need to know a little more in-depth.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    read up on raid, but concentrate more on the ones supported natively by the various versions of windows ;)
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    Will do. Thanks for the advice guys.