Options

CED Solutions Bootcamp

hanakuinhanakuin Member Posts: 144
Does anyone have any experience with or know anything about CED Solutions? I have a co-worker that is considering taking this bootcamp. It looks like it is a 16 day bootcamp and guarantees passage of Security+ MCP MCSA:Security and MCSE:Security. They are both a VUE and Prometric testing center, and they also pay for the tests. I have a few problems with this, number one: the amount of information that would have to be covered and the fact that they guarantee certification. It costs around $7,000. Any ideas? The website is www.cedsolutions.com

Comments

• Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Price is reasonable for a package with all those certs. 16 days isn't much time though.

New Horizons was doing a similar thing.
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They are a pretty decent company. The business I used to work for would send some of the upper level techs over to them for training. One thing that the ones who went came back saying is that you better go in there having read the materials they send out to you (3-4 weeks prior to the course) and you better be ready to study/work your tail off. While it is a bootcamp they said you are in class from 8:00AM until 5:00PM or later every day except Sunday when you come in around noon.

If I recall correctly, they pay for everything out of the $7000 (including plane tickets if needed and hotel) and if there is anything left over it is refunded back to you at the end of the course. Seems like they pay for two meals a day (lunch and breakfast) and I specifically remember the guys saying something about there being an endless supply of coke products at the Atlanta location.

If you have any more questions, shoot me a PM and I'll send some of my old co-workers an email and see what I can get from them.

EDIT: I asked my friend about the guarantee of passing the certifications. He said that it was a conditional guarantee. He said that the first day they give you this long spiel about they guarantee you will pass if you bust your tail and do the work; go in there to learn and not think you paid for your MCSE or whatever you take. He said they will provide you will 3 vouchers for the duration of your stay; meaning you have 11 chances to pass 8 exams.
  • Options
    hanakuinhanakuin Member Posts: 144
    Thanks for the input, it seemed almost too good to be true as far as the cost goes and my coworker didn't want to goto a braindump bootcamp. If he decides to go, I'll post an update on how it went. (I don't think that he plans to go until the end of the year.)