Options

What to put and what not to put? - CV /Resume

SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
When creating resume how much do you think you need to know about a subject before you put it down on your CV and how do you word it?

Obviously "A bit about Visual Basic but nothing useful apart from hello world" is not something you should put, but then you dont want to miss out skills you have and dont want to over do it either.

Any thoughts? (Im not doing CV right now was just a thought)
Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools

Comments

• Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    Depends on the position Im' applying for and it' requiremrnts. if they say some programming /web experience is of value I'll put in my Html ASP, CSS, jscript ,VB and C experience. If asked I will tell them I'm familure with them but haven't coded in years and only have experience from school.

also depends on the size of the company...if u apply to a small company say 50 employees alot of them want a jack of all trade as a net admin, user support,web and programming guy...or atleast the ability to have that guy throw together a web page rather than pay a full time guy for both positions.

if you know the company is large and probably has seperate groups in IT your programmnig experience is not as important as your networking.

if you really only know how to do Hello World in VB it's probably not worth putting on our resume cause you will look silly if they ask you what can u do with VB, but if u cna write basic apps put it on.

all in all it never hurst to put it on your resume just be honest if asked about your experience or lack of in some cases.