WIC-1T -2610

mp3spymp3spy Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
I currently have a 2610 router, 2950 sw, and 1900 sw.

The 2610 has no WAN interface card. I was thinking of buying a WIC-1T card off ebay. I saw one for about 25 bucks plus 7 bucks shipping, which isnt too bad at all!?!?! If I purchase another 2600 series router with a WIC-1T interface, will I be able to simulate WAN connectivity via DTC/DCE cables....Frame Relay, P2P, HDLC ect...???? Any suggestions on this lab setup including my two switches (2950 + 1900) All suggestions much appreciated..

Thanks All
Ok CCNA BREAK IS OVER, TIME FOR CCSP!!!

Comments

• keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yep that card will work just fine be sure to get a db60 dce/dte cable. this will work for router to router connections. also you may want to ditch the 1900 for at least a 2900xl as the 1900s are not going to be of much help
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • mp3spymp3spy Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice, Thanks Man!
    Ok CCNA BREAK IS OVER, TIME FOR CCSP!!!
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Well, the 1900's can be used for backend purposes, but they won't be good for practicing configs for the exam. Methods and syntax are different.

However, trying to configure them even for backend purposes means you still have to type things in, which might confuse you as you study. For me, if I got it for near nothing, I'd use it, as long as I had one or two 2900 series switch, and would be able to deal with the differences in syntax.
  • HELLZxPHADERHELLZxPHADER Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    if u want ur current router to connect to another router via serial, your most budget efficient options would be to

1. purchase a wic1t card and get 2501
    2. purchase a wic1t card and hunt for cheap 2520 router
    3. purchase a wic1t card and hunt for 2600 that comes with a wic1t or 2t card.

if you plan on getting a ccna and thats it go with option 1.
    if you plan on going beyond ccna go with option 2 or 3.