Options

Words to discribe Comptia A+ Certification Update

ConstableConstable Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey every one,

Just wanna share with you that the people who are in charge for updating the Comptia A+ exams are loosing their heads, mad, crazy and i assume the inhale to much of the compressed can air. :D

No disrespect to comptia, in spite of the rapid charges in technology today, true that an update is needed, but this is silly, firstly they should call it something else and let comptia A+ be!!!

MY WORD FOR THIS UPDATE is: icon_arrow.gif

SHitty

What’s YOURS icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    I'm with you, they definitely needed to update it to include newer technologies, but the complete restructuring of the certification is a mistake, in my opinion. I guess that's my word:

MISTAKE
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    > good <

CompTIA certs all go "no-where"......I can see them restructing the entire thing to make it "relate" and having certs build on top of each other. ie. the rumoured Wireless+ as elective of Network+...

perhaps something like
    A+ IT Tech. -> Network+ -> Wireless+ -> Security+
    A+ Remote Tech. -> Network+ -> ?
    A+ Depot Tech -> Network -> Server+ -> ?

I really wouldn't be surprised with they take this "job-specific" exams idea to the next level soon....
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    You do not need an A+ certification to work in IT. So if you don't want it or don't agree with save your money because I do know a number of talented people who never took the A+.

Not sure what you were hoping to accomplish with this thread, perhaps just to vent. We all do this occassionally. If you look you will find a thread already started on this similar topic, but it hasn't been discussed for a bit.

Do you work for CompTIA in any capacity that you know them to be losing their heads? The market is calling for the certifications and as people continueally sign up and pay for them....they will continue to update them. So, it's good business on their side.

Remember, we vote with our dollars (or whatever your currency is), so when you disagree with something, stop funding it.
    icon_wink.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ConstableConstable Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    True that bighornsheep

it seems like this is the plan they forsee,as u said :

perhaps something like
    A+ IT Tech. -> Network+ -> Wireless+ -> Security+
    A+ Remote Tech. -> Network+ -> ?
    A+ Depot Tech -> Network -> Server+

we'll see about that.

did they gave the price list for the exams or will it stay the same?

MY WORD REMAINS THE SAME

SHITTY
  • Options
    TcatTcat Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    With all due respect ...

As people and companies grow, they tend to lose sight of the orgional goal, which has already served its purpose. Then like any living thing, they look for new direction as life doesn't like to give up life.

And let be be completely clear.

I walked from Redmond in 1999 over W2K and baseline money grabs over tech.

I moved on in 2005 after watching as a heavy paying $$$ company to a non-profit not *really* listening to a 0-14 vote of those members and watched it do what it wanted to do. And nothing happened.

As suggested in this thread. Who says you have to get A+ certified?
    I know certs are a leg up...

Get spell bound about particular letters and you are as trapped as arguing who has the very best thermal goop for the CPU.

My team has painted out plan b. If you think I'm doing this for the $, then please, send me some. This stuff is getting expensive for me and need some income or a break. icon_rolleyes.gif

The good news is I no longer see my need to be playing "this is a real option" anymore. I see the real #'s of all I am involved in on a weekly basis.

Thankfully, the dating of Certs will prove who was IN and those who want to say they we're. And I only got one more test to do to be a Master and therefore by ISO standards, done for life.
    Save A Frog! Join the ETA!
    http://snipurl.com/SaveAFrog