Options

MCSE Boot Camp

OK, I need some opinions here.

I was recently offered by an employer to be sent to an MCSE boot camp.
It will take around 2 weeks of 8-5 classes with open lab throughout the duration of the camp. All expenses are paid for including the vouchers.

I have heard some different things about these camps, some good and some bad. I've always been one to study for each test very hard and thorough and make shure I understand the material. However, I may have to get certified right away.

I have no problem with going to one of these but I want to make sure its not a "certification mill." Anyone have any stories to tell about these places or are there any reputable places that administer these tests.

All opinions and commentary are welcome on this thread.

Comments

• Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    I know someone who went to a polarbear MCSE bootcamp....she did;nt end up siting for any exams though.

Polarbear sems ot be reputable....not sure if they have on in your area or not though.

I'd just be weary of places guarenteeing you a cert like and MCASE in 7 or 10 days....because honeslty who can absorb that much info in 10days and pass a single cert let alone the exams requirered fro the MCSE. The 10 days could give u a starting point but I dont think many people could legitmately pass an MCSE with 10 days of classes.
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    So long as they do NOT use **** I think it would be ok. Just my opinion.
    Also I am NOT saying that Bootcamps are the way to go.
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you currently work in the IT field (which it appears you do) and have already passed a couple of MS certs thereby showing you at least work with and understand the material, I have no problem with a reputable "boot camp". The actual instructor can make all the difference whether it is good or bad though.

Anyway, if the employer is footing the bill no worries, just go for it and learn as much as you can.
    All things are possible, only believe.