Options

xp difficult?

cchampcchamp Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
hey all, im thinking bout xp cert , i hve test out cd, and the questions are long as a mug!! anyways is this hard , i get tired just looking a a few questions

Comments

• Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    yes alot of the questions are longer thna the A+ and Net+ exams you've already written and make my brian spin too after reading a page long question.

Ms give you alot of Detail not every Detail is important.... making u weed through the useless stuff to find the important information.

The 270 exam is not exactly easy you have to know alot of things most XP users will have never delt with... especially stuff with active directory like group policies and how the work. Along with heavy empathsis on NTFs permission.

My main point is even if you've used XP ALOT you will have to do alot of studying to lean some of the point most users never see in a home environment.
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Like who cares what the company name is, the domain name, the server version, etc. if what you need to do is specific to the workstation unrelated to the server.
  • Options
    justin42279justin42279 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    xp can be challenging because your getting into stuff alot of people don't really need to know such as the differnet ways to go about installing xp, how to prep a machine for imaging, the beginnings of file encryption.

As far as the questions go, i've never used test out but the questions where not that bad on the xp for me. My feelins are, if you think the xp questions are tough, wait till you hit 290 and 291
  • Options
    !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    XP in fact is a simple using destkop OS.

Why ? Because is made to be simple.Even my little brother , know's browsing the net , painting removing a folder from the desktop and more.
    Many people know.

But you ask a vague question , XP is dificult , if you want more than daily task , known by most of the people.Let's say that most of the people knwo how to install XP , but don't forget that very little know about " unattended " instalation of XP per example.Most of them don't even know about LPGO or beutiful trick's being in XP.Why ? Thnink about it.

Ya , it can be a hard exam , if you don't know.But if you're a experienced and knower of it , you can trick it , else it'll trick you with lot's of question.

Good luck !
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    270 is, in my opinion, one of the more difficult exams on the MCSA/MCSE path; especially for those that have never taken a Microsoft before. Many people go into the exam thinking they can easily pass it because they've worked with XP for a few years. Those same people most always have their teeth cleared out by the exam and bomb it because a) something they didn't think would be on the test was, or b) something they've never even heard of was on there (i.e., unattended installs, RIS, group policy, etc).

270 is as difficult as you want to make it. If you will sit down and invest the time to study the books, practice the hands-on, and take practice exams you shouldn't have much of a problem with it. Take your time so that you learn the information.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey man,

i was in the same position as you.ive done my a+ and net+ and was daunting doing the 270. its like everone said before the questions are long but it contains so much crap like.....andy from the advertsising department has just moved into the company and he uses an xp machine blah blah. it goes on but just do a few practice tests to get used to the question length. i have worked with xp for a few years but i soon realised that this exam is full of stuff i neva really used like sysprep etc. so i would go through the books and just go for it. i was more worried before i went for the exam thinking i hope i pass - even if i get 700 but i went in made use of all the time given and passed comfotably with 810.

so basically im trying to say read the ms press book and some cbt nuggets and you will be ok. just make sure you use vpc or vmware to practice!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking