70-284 before 70-291? Advice needed please

PdogPdog Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Peeps,

I passed my 70-290 exam yesterday I now have the 70-290 and 70-270 towards my MCSA. I really want to take the 70-284 before the 70-291. Will not having the 291 before the 284 hinder my chances of passing the 284? The reason I am asking we are deploying Exchange soon and I want to get the exam completed before we start.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Pdog

Comments

• SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    shouldn't realy hurt you...excahnge is;nt too difficult to deploy for single locations

only thing off the top of my head that you might need to know that is related is what MX records are and how they are used.

but you really don't need your 284 to deploy exchange....if you want it that's fine but exchange isn't that difficult unless your doing a large scale implementation. For a small-medium company with a primary and back up mail server you could probably deploy it after reading a white paper.

I'd wirte you 291 first personally
  • !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    Grat's , but why posting here ?

icon_eek.gif
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • PdogPdog Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I didn't know where to put the Thread thought as it was quite general question this would be ok., Mods please move if need be.

Thanks for the replys. I have already setup a exchange server at home, I even managed to get Push email working with my Mobile phone and OWA.

What I was trying to get across is is there anything in the 291 material that is needed to tackle the 284 cert? I don't what to attempt the 284 if I need to know the material of the 291 first. Sorry to sound so confusing.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There is stuff in exchange about clustering as well as certifications which are explained in 293. If you are going for MSCA, i'd really get 291 done first. If you are going for MSCE, i'd really do 291 and 293 first.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
    icroyal,

Thanks for the reply. I am going for the MCSA. The path I am Intending to do is the 70-270, 70-290, 70-291 and 70-284. I have the first to done.

Thanks for the advice.
    icroyal,

Thanks for the reply. I am going for the MCSA route for now.

Thanks for the advice.
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    If I remember well, 284 also has some stuff about routing, which is taught (more comprehensively) in the 291.
    witty comment