Options

New Exams

EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
Ok, i've just got my hands on the new cisco course docs,many have been asking whats changed on the old exams etc etc..
The only exam i would worry about is the new ISCW as it has alot of dsl
which isnt really possible to test on a home lab and lots of boring security,
but then maybe you guys like security? icon_smile.gif
Oh and one last thing, please dont request the docs from me,if you have any specific questions just reply.

BSCI
Good news everyone ISIS is still there haha
No more rip
Multicast has been moved in from Bcmsn
IPv6 has a large chunk, including ipv6 over ospf
Everything else seems the same,so what to leave out from old exam i would say nothing,even if rip isnt on the new exam its easy and a must know.

BCMSN
No more multicast, in its place is Wireless lans.
Thats pretty much it.

ONT
Well as you know a complete overhaul, overlaps hughly with the Qos exam, alot of voice and wireless.

ISCW
Lots of dsl,mpls,mpls vpns,Ipsec vpns,hardening cisco routers with security features, a little like the bcmsn security.
Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$

Comments

• Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Intresting

ISCW

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/642-825.html

It looks like ISDN has been wiped out, intresting as its still a massively popular backup technology.

ONT

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/642-845.html

This exam looks similar to the CCIP qos 642-642 exam?? with a couple of extra bits in, whats the point in that! but it looks a darn site more usefull than CIT.

The other 2 exams look hardly any different a few bits in and a few bits out, I think with BSCI you could probably use the old book and suplement with cisco.com
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    ISDN is the devil.
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    BE GONE DEMON!!! icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • Options
    YankeeYankee Member Posts: 157
    wildfire wrote:
    Intreting

ISCW

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/642-825.html

It looks like ISDN has been wiped out, intresting as its still a massively popular backup technology.

ISDN is popular in the UK but has pretty much died in the US.

Yankee
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Its cerainly not as popular here as it used to be, but its used in areas where DSL is not covered or too far from the exchange primarly as a backup to a leased connection. What is used in these scenarios in the states?
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    If one were to have a telephony based backup solution, they might as well go POTS. ISDN is too expensive as an occasional use backup connection. With POTS, it may be slow, but you aren't paying for something that you hardly use for data. You can use the POTS for other things, like an additional voice line, dedicated FAX line, etc.

That was even a question on a practice exam I took. Don't remember what the practice exam was for though. I had selected ISDN, but the answer explaination said what I just said. POTS cheaper.