virtual server 2005

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
i was just wondering what everyones thoughts on this product were?

i have used both vpc and this and i find the performance on vpc alot better than virtual server. i find virtual server has poor performance and jutters all ova the place whereas if u use vpc with the same config it is alot better but of course u cant do things like clustering etc.

is there anyway to improve VS2005?
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can actually configure virtual server 2005 for clustering according to one of the microsoft architects at the company I work for. He didn't go into detail on how to configure it so i'm not sure. He did say there was a Microsoft article explaining how to do it though.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't really use Virtual Machines very much, but have used both of these products for training and find that VMWare stacks up better. I am very unimpressed with MS Virtual Server 2005 so far. I'm going back to VMWare.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Although I respect Microsoft attempt to jump into server virtualization market. VMWare is still the leader in my opinion. Virtual Server 2005 comes no where close VMWare Server.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)