Options

Advice on exams?

WaqsWaqs Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone ive got a few questions that I would appreciate if the ppl who have already passed thier MCSE could advise me on...

First of all im starting an MCSA course week commencing Monday 25th September. It will be full time 9-5 and all four modules will be covered over four weeks (one a week).. i will also be studying at home

Im already studying for 70-270 via microsoft press books and also cbtnuggets and believe this is an easy module. Ive got the Ucertify exam simulator for all MCSE modules and have been practicing with 70-270 and been getting over 70-75 percent. Im still trying to improve this as much as possible...

The company who are providing this course for me have stated that once I have studied all 4 of the modules for the MCSA, I can come in anytime and take mock exams with them. Once they see I am ready for an exam they will put me in for it...

Would it be better if i study a module and then take the exam for it one at a time?

or shall i study all four modules and then take the exams one by one...

I believe I will be ready for 70-270 very soon so i will try to convince them to let me take it so thats one less exam to worry about.

the furthur 3 modules for mcse are not important right now as I will do those while i will be working. However im not working right now and I just need advice on how to structure the way I do this from guys who have been succesful..

Many thanks.

P.S Sorry for the long essay

Comments

• Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Would it be better if i study a module and then take the exam for it one at a time?

IMO yes! But that depends on how confident and how used to MS exams you are. Also I wasn't very impressed with the Ucertify exam simulator. I personally found the questions a lot easier than the real exam.
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    I think studying for one exam at a time is the only way to go.

that being said the 270 exams does expect you to know a bit about group policies and how they are aspplied it wasn't covered very well in the book I used for school.

I had already taken the 270,290,291,293 and 294 courses in school before I sat. I think knowing the material form those courses well enough have over a 90% average helped me with getting the gpolicy and SUS topics faster. I scored a around 920-925 on the cert.

your book might be better thna the one I used... it was crap IMO.