Options

Passed!

david_rdavid_r Member Posts: 112
My timeline was shortened by a month last week due to an unexpect opportunity at work but I managed to squeak by with a 910 today.

The test was difficult. I had plenty of time left on the clock (> 20 minutes) but that's the way I've been with tests my whole life. The simulations are intimidating mostly because I was thinking, "well is that it? Did I fulfill all the requirments?" and because you have to jump back and forth to look at the diagrams.

If I had to take it tomorrow, I would know RIP, EIGRP and OSPF configuration AND TROUBLESHOOTING blind. Building your two router lab from scratch a couple times isn't good enough. Break your network in as many ways as you think you can and fix it. Break your configs in different ways, back them up and then load random ones and troubleshoot. Also determining connectivity with layer two tools.

One thing that got me was an OSPF command that I haven't seen anywhere in Exam Cram, McGraw-hill CCNA or even on this sub-forum. It dealt with injecting a default route (sorry, NDA).

What I used for studying. TechExams.net (of course), McGraw-hill CCNA, Exam Cram 2, flash cards from one of the books, practice tests from both books and my home lab -- 2600 frame-switch, 5-2500s, a 2912EN, 2 1900s and a 2511. This gear was absolutely instrumental in my feeling comfortable in the simulations.

Glossing over ISDN was time well spent icon_wink.gif

Note to Cisco -- require all your test centers to have minimum 19" monitors. Having to use the scroll bar to move down one pixel before I can move on to the next question is stoopid.[/code]

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Great job - well done! icon_cheers.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Well done on the pass,

Im with you on the 19" monitors! esecially when you select the answer click next and it wont move on!! damm you C1SCO!

anyway go out and celebrate.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    MITMIT Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

:D
  • Options
    !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    Welcome to the crew ! icon_cool.gif
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Options
    MITMIT Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    !30 wrote:
    Welcome to the crew ! icon_cool.gif

Thanks
    I’m new here.
    I haven’t any certificates, but I’m going to pass CCNA this year.

:)
  • Options
    DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome Job! I can't wait until I can say that.