Options

memory games for slots

ricktearicktea Inactive Imported Users Posts: 118
does anyone have any memory word tricks that will help me to remember slots, and ram pins etc. any additional word tricks for other topics on the test would be excellent. thanks
Richard Krenzel

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    ricktea wrote:
    does anyone have any memory word tricks that will help me to remember slots, and ram pins etc. any additional word tricks for other topics on the test would be excellent. thanks

Rick,
    Much of the way to get a handle on hardware is to use it. Find some old equipment, setup some systems, break them, fix them etc... You'll know the material a ton better the more you work with it, see it, feel it, smell it :)

Sorry, I never learned 'tricks' to memorize just know the stuff from using it 20+ years. If your just starting out, then you will probably want to get yourself some flashcards made up and quiz yourself to get caught up on all the terms/slots etc.. Not really another way.

Also, if it is something you find interesting, then it's worth it and you'll find it pretty easy. IF you don't like it are are not interested, perhaps consider a certification path that fits your goals better.

HTH
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?