Options

GPO's ???

I cant find anything in my 210 book about gpo's. but seems I am getting asked questions in an exam drill tester.. any body?
Xinxing is the hairy one.

Comments

• Options
    volrathxpvolrathxp Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You should probably only need to know local security policies, gpedit.msc. Never heard anything about Active Directory GPOs on this or the XP test, but there were local security policy questions on XP and from what I've heard from friends, that 2000 pro is very much the same.
    Joseph Dyer
    Co-Founder / Co-Owner - Rock-Comics.com
    MCP, Windows XP Professional
    MCP, Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment
    Gentoo Linux Hippie
  • Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    cool thanx
  • Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Yeah, I don't think you'll have to worry about GPOs until you reach 70-215. Even there they don't go into lots of detail. The main exam for GPOs is 70-217, but by the time you take that test you should have a good understanding of the concept.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Erm, for the 70-210, it helps to know what a GPO is and under what circumstances you'd be using them. I'm probably skirting the NDA by saying this (if it's in apporpriate, someone with mod powers edit it out please ;)), but I did receive questions involving GPO's and things like .msi's, language installation, and so on. I had to learn more than I expected about how Pro works in a 2k server domain than I had anticipated, but on the upside, from everything I can see, it ended up lessening my study time for 70-215 :)
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    volrathxpvolrathxp Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Erm, for the 70-210, it helps to know what a GPO is and under what circumstances you'd be using them. I'm probably skirting the NDA by saying this (if it's in apporpriate, someone with mod powers edit it out please ;)), but I did receive questions involving GPO's and things like .msi's, language installation, and so on. I had to learn more than I expected about how Pro works in a 2k server domain than I had anticipated, but on the upside, from everything I can see, it ended up lessening my study time for 70-215 :)

Yeah you still need to know some policy stuff but nothing too advanced.

Still, it's a good idea that if you're seeking the knowledge, to learn it anyways regardless.
    Joseph Dyer
    Co-Founder / Co-Owner - Rock-Comics.com
    MCP, Windows XP Professional
    MCP, Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment
    Gentoo Linux Hippie
  • Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    Well, thanks for the help guy's.. It's been a pretty busy weekend, so I have not had a chance to reply.. I didnt even get a chance to study. I was hoping to take my test on thursday, now we will see..

pandimus