Options

ISIS load balancing

Ching01Ching01 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello, I would like to ask for a help, actually I just forgot how load balancing works in ISIS. I am getting little bit confuse because of BGP.

If I have same cost to the same destination I know it will select the closet L1/L2 router with the least path cost. What if I have two connected L1/L2 router connecting to the same destination same cost what will be the next criteria to select the best path is it the priority of the router, the highest SNPA?

Okay I can perform load balancing using fast switching method by default let say I didn't change the maximum path of my ISIS router still configure as 1 .

Comments

• Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just a guess, but i would imagine the first route learned by the routing protocol would be placed in the routing table.If another route arrives to the same destination with the same metric it would just be ignored.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    Ching01Ching01 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Maybe it will select the first learned route because ISIS is a preemtive it is also possible that it will select the new learned route.

Oh this is not good I am really getting confused let me just try on a real router and let see which route it will select.