Options

List of Acronyms please

ricktearicktea Inactive Imported Users Posts: 118
Does anyone have a complete list of Acronyms ?
and their meaning. Some words like FRU , ISDN ?
will throw me and many other acronyms . Can someone help
thanks, Rich
Richard Krenzel

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    ricktea,

Check out the objectives from CompTIA's website. They have a whole sheet there under A+
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ricktearicktea Inactive Imported Users Posts: 118
    hi I cannot find anything regards acronyms at comptia, hope u can help further, thanks
    Richard Krenzel
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    ricktea wrote:
    hi I cannot find anything regards acronyms at comptia, hope u can help further, thanks

www.comptia.com
    www.comptia.org

From there go to their A+ section and download the Objectives. You'll have to sign up for the objectives to get the link.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    antovskiantovski Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I put the file on a server, so you can download it.

{edit}

P.S. Can someone tell me can I put the file here and how or not?
    Thx

{edit note}
    This is a file that can be downloaded easily from CompTIA. They merely ask that you sign up for the download. Link removed. Sorry.
    There is a 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who does not!
  • Options
    DaPunnisherDaPunnisher Member Posts: 108
    ricktea wrote:
    Does anyone have a complete list of Acronyms ?
    and their meaning. Some words like FRU , ISDN ?
    will throw me and many other acronyms . Can someone help
    thanks, Rich

FRU = Field Replacable Unit
    ISDN = Integrated Services Digital Network

The easiest and fastest way to find acronym meanings is to google it! Go to google and type (as an example) define:HTTP and see what happens! icon_wink.gif