Options

MOC 2273 and online 2274/2275

famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
Has anyone taken the Microsoft Official Course 2273 or the online courses 2274 and 2275 to prepare for the 70-290 exam? I've taken them, but of course, they don't go into detail with Terminal Server and IIS. I'm stuck using Skillsoft for those two since it is free. Has anyone just used the courses to prepare for and pass the exam?

I don't have any worries. Just wondering.

Famos
B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
M.B.A. (Technology Management)

Comments

• Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    I've taken the class.
    No way can you pass the test if that's all you use. Not enough. Fairly basic stuff.
    I felt it was a good intro to the material, but I would not have passed without the Syngress book, practice tests, and massive amounts of studying.
    I don't think that would be possible unless you knew the material pretty well already. Which begs the question, why would you take the class?
    Good luck on your exam. It's a toughy.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • Options
    Yeah...I also took the 2285 XP class and I passed the 70-270. After taking the class, reading the book provided, doing the eLearning 2274/2275 courses, I passed the MeasureUp Exams easy, but I did struggle on the Terminal Server and IIS.

I'm taking the class because I learn better in the classroom environment. I'm at new Horizons and I'm in a self-paced I.T. program for my certifications. Oh yeah...it's paid for :) . Back in school to get the certs since my degree isn't much for what I want to do unless I just want to manage I.T. A lot of jobs I've been lookinga t wants the certifications and some have told me that my degree would help me after I get in and move up the ladder, but won't get me in initially. They want experience and certifications. I didn't find the class a whole lot of fun, but the books provided (MOC) and the eLearning Microsoft courses, I've done pretty well on the practice exams except for the subjects it excludes.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-290.asp

After struggling on those portions, I looked at the above website and it states the 2273 course prepares you for most of the tasks except for the Terminal Services and IIS, which it only covers the basic/introductory to them.

Oh, and I don't do much of what the 70-270 covers at work, and don't touch Server 2003 at all. I'm managing or doing some scripting or programming in a few languages.

Famos

Edit: I agree that just by taking the class will not give you the tools to pass the exam. I'm talking about studying the textbook given and using the eLearning courses 2274/2275 that has simulations on how to do many of the tasks, online labs setup, etc.
  • Options
    Iw as supposed to take the exam tomorrow, but the school had to get me another voucher because something was wrong with the first one. I get home from work, call the school, they state that they have a new voucher for me, but I can't get the time I wanted. They look for available times and they are booked until Monday since it's a 4 hour exam.

But I went around them and found another PersonVUE testing center and while I was on the phone, someone called in to cancel a test on Thursday morning, and I immediately got it :D .

Testing on Thursday morning 0830.

Famos

EDIT: Changed Tuesday to Thursday icon_lol.gif ...typo.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck famos. icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Thanks...I'll be getting off work an hour or two early, so I can do some last skimming over material. Hopefully all goes well and I add another certification under the belt, so I can actually get into the field to get the experience I want and need.

Famos
  • Options
    Passed exam today...score of 895.

Used MOC 2273 and online courses 2274/2275. Also used Measure Up practice exam. Used Skillsoft courses provided by the military to learn about Terminal Server and IIS.

The simulations were actually fun since I like getting in there doing stuff rather than reading a question. The questions were very bad and offered multiple right answers that WOULD work, but you have to choose the right one based on what the question asks of you. I got a VB Script question that I'm not sure if I got right...I just match the header to the footer when dragging them over icon_confused.gif .

All in all, a difficult test, but it's over with.

Famos