Options

WAN Protocols, Technologies?

vitaliysnetvitaliysnet Inactive Imported Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everybody, I am currently studing for the CCNA exam, and I am so confused with the WAN Protocols. So here is my question, what is a WAN technology and standard, and on what technology can one of those ecnaps be used? out all of these terms, can anyone tell me the difference, PPP, LAPB, ISDN, Frame-Relay, HDLC, LLC, ATM, X.25, Cisco, and IETF. So can you use HDLC encap on ISDN? And since Frame-Relay can use Cisco or IETF encap, can it use PPP instead, or both at once? I'am sooooooo confused, please help!!!

Comments

• Options
    kicker22kicker22 Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dude... are you kidding me..!?

just read the book :)

what you are asking for.. is for somebody to type a chapter for you about WAN!

use todd lamer, I highly recommend that book.. it should be easy to understand..

kicker
  • Options
    seth223ukseth223uk Member Posts: 158
    dude you have a mixture of WAN technologies with the protocols that run on them for example LAPB for X.25 PPP for frame relay cant go into detail here not enuff room you need to read wendell odoms cisco press book or the sybex book on WAN protocols to fully understand.

icon_rolleyes.gif
    Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '