Options

This wrong?

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
Here is another question I think might be wrong, what do you guys think?

What is the maximum segment length of 10Base-T STP cable?

a) 50m
b) 100m
c) 75m
d) 200m

Again, listed answer is 200m. I would say all Twisted Pair is 100m. But seriously, I have seen it listed 100m in net+ for dummies and 200m in the Network+ Guide.
-Daniel

Comments

• Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    That is what I am going with too, for the purposes of this program, I am checking 200m. but on the test I will go with 100m.

thanks. just wanted second input
    -Daniel
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Where is the question from?

Should be 100M for STP

http://fcit.usf.edu/network/chap4/chap4.htm
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Measure-Up testing software. Came with the exam cram books.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    Plantwiz wrote:
    Where is the question from?

Should be 100M for STP

http://fcit.usf.edu/network/chap4/chap4.htm

Agree - 100m.
  • Options
    dbjjonesdbjjones Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    100M is the correct answer. You said this came exam cram? I have run into alot of misinformed answers out there, but exam cram seemed to be the best.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    dbjjones wrote:
    100M is the correct answer. You said this came exam cram? I have run into alot of misinformed answers out there, but exam cram seemed to be the best.

best for misinformation ;) :P

In all fairness, I bought a book or two in their first series of books and though that they were very, very bad. So when ExamCram2 was develope/reorganized, etc.. I haven't given them another though. Likewise, their new series "ExamCram" I haven't looked at either.

It's just better to know the material from the objectives, know as much as possible about the topics and go for the exam that way. "Practice" exams can just drain ones energy if they are not written well and you can write your own much more easily to help yourself prepare.

Know the facts...don't dwell on the answer. Besides, have you check the publishers website for errata?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?